Customer: The Royal Veterinary College
Application: Acetone transfer
- Pumped fluid: -21°C Acetone
- Manual pump N°1 : ATEX II 2 GD T4 (Tf < 120°C),
- Flow 900 litres /H, coupling 1/2", cast iron body and cover, internal mechanism in Brass, 300 microns filter, cable length 2 m with clamp for earthing.
- Suction : tube stainless Ø 3/4", length 60cm with bung 2".
- Delivery : stainless elbow. 2 m hose in cross-linked polyethylene (UPE) (conductor). Stainless spout.
We were contacted by the Royal Veterinary College with a unique enquiry, they required an Atex rated hand pump for transferring -20°C acetone. The acetone is used to freeze animal carcasses in their laboratory.
Castle Pumps has an excellent range of Atex rated hand pumps, the only issue was ensuring the tubeset was cut to the correct length to suit the drum. The customer emailed us photos of the drum with dimensions and we ensured that the tubeset was cut to the appropriate length. The pump was supplied with discharge hose and nozzle to make the operation as easy as possible for the customer.
You can download this case study by clicking on the image below...