Customer: Shipping Company
1 Qty Internal Eccentric Gear Pump for Cooling Oil C/W Pressure Relief Valve on Cover
- Pumped fluid: Cooling oil
- Installation: Horizontal, Supplied with baseplate
- Flow: 1 m³/hr
- Discharge pressure: 4 bar
- Suction / Discharge: 1" / 1" (Threaded)
- Pump body: GG 25 Cast Iron
- Gears: GGG 50 Cast Iron
- Voltage: 440V
- Frequency: 60Hz
- Power: 0.75Kw
- RPM: 1725 (Coupled Directly to the Motor)
This customer was upgrading the cooling system for the auxiliary engine on board one of their vessels. The engine was to be cooled by oil and they required a pump to supply the oil to the engine at 1m³/hr at 4 bar.
This type of application is perfect for a gear pump, so we selected a model in cast iron, complete with relief valve to ensure the pressure in the system stayed within design limits. The customer was so impressed with the quality and reliability of the pump that they have subsequently ordered six more for other vessels in their fleet.