Customer: Wood & Laminate Flooring Company
Application: Viscous adhesive pump
1 x 0.37 Kw internal eccentric gear pump with pressure relief valve
- Application: Gravity fed adhesive transfer from an IBC to an adhesive bead applicator.
- Installation: Horizontal with Inlet / Outlet: 1" (Threaded) at 90 deg.
- Fluid: Adhesive
- Viscosity: 4000 - 5000cP
- Flow: 2 - 3l/min
- Discharge pressure: 0.3 Bar
- Pump body: GG 25 Cast iron
- Rotors: 1050 Steel, Heat treated
- Shafts: 1050 Steel, Heat treated
- Bearings: Bronze
- Sealing: Soft seal / Packing gland
- Voltage: 400V
- RPM: 85
Castle Pumps received an enquiry from a new customer in the UK that was looking to feed an adhesive fluid to a bead applicator for use in timber construction. The customer wanted to gravity feed the fluid from the bottom of an IBC to a piece of machinery that applies the highly viscous fluid in a specific way to products in their production line.
Our first consideration was the high viscosity of the fluid, which was 4000 - 5000cP, so immediately we selected a gear pump for the application knowing it would be more than capable of handling the thickness of the fluid. After consulting with the customer we settled on a 90deg configuration as we are always cautious of the space available and pride ourselves on our ability to cater for any special requests. Using a gear pump running at such a low speed we were able to achieve the low flow rate required by the customer to feed into his production line.