The Sero SOH series of side channel pumps are self-priming liquid ring pumps designed for applications where a low flow and high pressure are required. The side channel pump design makes it suitable for low viscosity liquids that are free of solids, and liquids containing 50% gas content.
The SOH range of self-priming pumps are horizontally constructed and are available in either long coupled or close coupled, which has the choice of a standard mechanical seal or magnetic drive for more extreme and high temperature applications. Common applications of this liquid ring pump include fuel transfer, irrigation, pressure boosting, sea water transfer and boiler feed.
Read more about the working principle of a side channel pump and where they are best used here.
Features of the SOH Series Liquid Ring Pump:
- Magnetic coupling option available
- ATEX certification
- Open star impellers for high self-priming capability and easy pumping of gaseous liquids.
- Maintenance free impeller design
- Liquid lubricated bearings that guarantee high operation reliability
- Space saving bloc design
- Flexible coupling without spacer sleeve
- Coupling guard conforming to EN 294
- 230V, three phase 50hz / 60hz motors available.
- Optional baseplate
- PN16 flanges for added security
- SOH – Long coupled
- SOHB – Close coupled with mechanical seal
- SOHM – Close coupled with magnetic drive
The Sero SOH series liquid ring pumps are available with the following material options:
Castle Pumps are able to source pumping solutions to satisfy even the most stringent of criteria. This case study is an example of where this has been the case. The customer here required an ATEX Zone 1 rated pump that would handle high amount of vapour pressure as well as high suction lift, which combined made a challenging enquiry that we were able to solve.