The Azcue VRX Close Coupled Centrifugal Pump is the horizontal version of the VRX vertical immersion pump. Supplied with a vortex impeller, the pump creates a vacuum so that large solids can pass through without interfering with the pump’s internals. This single stage centrifugal pump is therefore ideal for applications involving waste water, slurries and viscous, contaminated liquids.
The Azcue VRX horizontal centrifugal pump benefits from a back pull out design, meaning that the motor can be removed without disconnecting the pump from the pipework, which is time saving and less complex when maintenance is required. Whilst being closed coupled, this vortex impeller centrifugal pump has a lantern bracket, which means that whilst being space saving in design, there is still space between the pump and motor to prevent fluid falling into the motor should the seal wear. The VRX is also available in long coupled upon request.
These Azcue pumps have a separate shaft in the pump head and motor meaning that if one shaft goes, there is no need to replace it all; a benefit over other pumps on the market that have one continuous shaft from head to motor.
Features of the VRX Single Stage Centrifugal Pump:
- Close coupled, single stage centrifugal pump - long coupled available upon request
- Pump manufactured in Spain
- Marine type approved by all classification societies
- Vortex impeller for the large free passage of solids
- Compact horizontal design ideal for space saving installations
- Available in cast iron, 316 stainless steel and bronze for seawater
- Lantern bracket providing some space between pump head and motor
- Back pull out design for simple maintenance
- Separate shafts in the pump and motor
- Oil cooled mechanical seal
- 230v, three phase 50Hz/60Hz motors available. IP55 as standard.
- Assembly without alignment
- Supplied flanged as standard
- ATEX versions available
The material options for the Azcue VRX Single Stage Centrifugal Pump are as follows:
|AISI 316 (SS|
Castle Pumps have scores of experience supplying pump solutions to the marine industry. An existing customer contacted us with a new enquiry for a solids handling sea water pump, which needed to be less costly and have better lead times than existing pumps. We offered and supplied a non-clogging centrifugal pump with a vortex impeller, which can handle solids as large as the discharge diameter. Minimal modifications were needed to their existing system and lead time and price were improved greatly.
|Marine Applications:||Industrial Applications:|
- Black and grey water containing solids
- Contaminated bilge water pumps
- Fish waste pumping
- Waste slurries
- Waste water transfer containing solids
- Slurries and sludges
- Sewage pumping
- Organic waste e.g. food, manure and vegetation