Customer: Private Boat
Application: On board seawater desalination
Equipment supplied: High pressure triplex plunger pump
- Supply includes 3CP1221 pump, motor, flexible coupling and bellhousing
- Motor is 1.1 kW 6 Pole 400/3/50 IP55 TEFC.
- For use in an indoor safe area
- Pump Duty: 8.8 litres/minute at 35 Bar.
- Liquid: Sea water
- Material: Stainless steel
- Temperature: Ambient
- Inlet: c2 metres head is recommended.
- Drive: 0.9 kW absorbed power at a pump speed of approximately 960 rpm.
Castle Pumps were contacted by an owner of a private boat who was installing a new reverse osmosis system onboard their vessel for the conversion of sea water into portable fresh water. The process, referred to as desalination, required a high pressure pump to force the seawater through a porous membrane that separates pure water from salt, minerals and ions. This particular desalination pump was needed to transfer sea water at a duty of 8.8 L/min at 35 Bar.
- Very high pressure capabilities
- Able to handle the corrosive nature of seawater
Thanks to our wealth of experience with providing seawater reverse osmosis pumps; we have access to a high quality brand of plunger pumps that are widely used within desalination systems. We selected a CAT reverse osmosis water pump fitted to a 1.1Kw 6 pole motor to achieve the required duty of 8.8 L/min at 35 Bar. The desalination pump was supplied in stainless steel, a material that is able to handle the corrosive nature of seawater.