Customer: Private Boat
Application: Reverse osmosis pump
- Supply includes 3CP1221 pump, motor, flexible coupling and bellhousing
- Motor is 1.1 kW 6 Pole 400/3/50 IP55 TEFC.
- For use in an indoor safe area.
- Pump Duty: 8.8 litres/minute at 35 Bar.
- Liquid: sea water
- Temperature: ambient.
- Inlet: c2 metres head is recommended.
- Drive: 0.9 kW absorbed power at a pump speed of approximately 960 rpm.
We were contacted by an owner of a private boat who was installing a reverse osmosis system aboard their vessel. They required a high pressure desalination pump for the system to convert sea water into fresh water. The pump was needed to transfer sea water at a duty of 8.8 L/min at 35 Bar.
Castle Pumps has a wealth of experience with reverse osmosis systems; we have access to a high quality brand of plunger pumps that are widely used for reverse osmosis systems. We selected a stainless steel desalination pump fitted to a 1.1Kw 6 pole motor to achieve the required duty of 8.8 L/min at 35 Bar.
You can download this case study by clicking on the image below...