CAT plunger pumps are industry recognised triplex pumps designed for operation in extremely high-pressure applications up to 690bar. Therefore, the CAT high-pressure plunger pump range is often a reliable solution when other pump types fail.
Due to the synchronised movement of the integrated plungers, CAT high-pressure pumps benefit from a smooth and low pulsating flow. These triplex plunger pumps ensure that a constant volumetric flow is always delivered by taking in a fixed volume of liquid. This is attributed to the inlet stroke on the piston moving the set amount of liquid around and out of the pump. CAT plunger pumps are also more efficient than similar types of triplex pumps, offering in some cases greater than a 50% improvement in energy consumption.
Popular applications for CAT triplex plunger pumps include water mist cooling, chemical injection, pressure cleaning, reverse osmosis and food processing. To select the CAT pump model that is most appropriate for your installation, you need to take consider several factors, including the liquid to be pumped, duty cycle, operating temperatures, drive, location and whether the area is classified as safe or hazardous.
As an official CAT pump supplier, we also offer a range of genuine CAT pump spares to help you keep your pump running smoothly. This range includes direct-drive electric motor triplex plunger pumps models with high pressure capabilities up to 207bar, available in brass and stainless steel. So, if you need a pump replacement, CAT pump parts or if you are unsure which pump model is most suitable for your application, contact us. One of our technical sales engineers will help you and answer all your questions.
Features of the CAT Plunger Pump:
- Performance range from 0.5lpm to 285lpm and pressures from 69bar to 690bar
- Direct drive electric motor triplex plunger pumps available in brass and stainless steel
- Dependable output- discharge pressure, specific gravity and liquid viscosity do not impact the flow rate
- Speed relative to flow rate – performance can be easily controlled and predicted as the pump output is directly linear to the operating speed
- Resilient drive ends - produced to the highest quality with close consistent tolerance, the crankshafts, crossheads and connecting rods are optimised to minimise wear.
- None abrasive surfaces - there is no relative movement between contact surfaces within the pump head, and therefore the plunger pump can be used with non-lubricating fluids
- Solid ceramic plungers - to ensure that replaced seals are aligned correctly, smooth solid plungers made from alumina ceramics are located concentrically
- No inner liquid mixing- internal mixing of lubricant and process liquid is eradicated due to the substantial gap between the pump head and the oil bath. Any spillages of the liquid are clear as there is a drainage area which is open beneath the pump.
- Highly efficient - minimal internal slippage and low friction ensure that the energy efficiency levels are between 85% & 95% and consequently running costs are lower.
- Continuous duty – these triplex plunger pumps have a continuous duty cycle
- For more information about the individual models' specs. please see the download section.
- Electric Motor / Brass: 1CX013R, 1CX025R, 4DX03ELR, 1CX050R, 4DX10ER, 2SF10ES, 4DX15ER, 4DX15EUF, 4DX20ER, 4DX20EUIF, 2SF20ES, 2SFX20ES, 4SP21ELU, 4SP21EL, 4SP21ELR, 2SF22ES, 2SF22ELS, 4DX27ER, 4DX27EUF, 4SP29ELR, 4SP29ELU, 2SF29ELS, 2SFX30ES, 2SF30ES...
- 2SFX30GES, 4DX30EUF, 4DX30ER, 5SP30ELR, 5SP30ELU, 2SF35ES, 2SF35GES, 5SP35ELR, 5SP35ELU, 5SP40ELU, 5SP40ELR, 2SFP500EL
- Electric Motor / Aluminium: 1XP050.051, 1XP050.031, 1XP050.03DC, 1XP075.051, 1XP075.03DC, 1XP075.031, 1XP085.051, 1XP085.03DC, 1XP085.031, 1XP100.051, 1XP100.071, 1XP100.03DC, 1XP100.031, 1XP125.071, 1XP125.051, 1XP125.03DC, 1XP125.031, 1XP150.071. . .
- 1XP150.101, 1XP150.03DC, 1XP150.031, 1XP150.051, 1XP180.071, 1XP180.101, 1XP200.031, 1XP200.051, 1XP200.071, 1XP200.101, 1XP200.03DC
- Electric Motor / 316 Stainless Steel: 2SF05SEEL, 2SF10SEEL, 2SF15SEEL, 2SF22SEEL, 2SFQ25SEEL, 2SFQ29SEEL, 2SFQ35SEEL, 2SFQ42SEEL
A private boat owner was installing a reverse osmosis system aboard their vessel and required a high pressure pump for the system to convert sea water into fresh water - at a duty of 8.8 L/min at 35 Bar. Due to our wealth of experience with reverse osmosis systems; we were able to select a plunger pump that matched their requirements.
- Consistent output – The high pressure pump flow rate is not affected by the discharge pressure, specific gravity and liquid viscosity. Also, performance can be easily controlled and predicted as the high pressure plunger pump output is directly linear to the operating speed
- High quality design – CAT Plunger pumps are produced to the highest quality with close consistent tolerance, the crankshafts, crossheads and connecting rods are optimised to minimise wear, ensuring long service life.
- Highly efficient – Unlike other high pressure pumps CAT triplex plunger pumps benefit from a highly efficient design. The minimal internal slippage and low friction ensure that the energy efficiency levels are between 85% & 95% and consequently running costs are lower.
- No inner liquid mixing- The internal mixing of lubricant and process liquid is eradicated due to the substantial gap between the pump head and the oil bath. Any spillages of the liquid are clear as there is a drainage area that is open beneath the pump.
- Suitable for non-lubricating fluids – As there is no relative movement between contact surfaces within the pump head, and therefore the plunger pump can be used with non-lubricating fluids
Triplex plunger pumps are designed for high pressure application and their capabilities and efficiency exceed most other types of high-pressure pumps. However, CAT plunger pumps are primarily designed for transferring relatively clean fluids, free of solids or abrasive particles, therefore as an official CAT pump supplier, we do not recommend using them for pumping for fluids with suspended solids as they can become trapped in the valves. Typical applications that CAT plunger pumps are used include but are not limited to:
|Marine Applications:||Industrial Applications:|
- Reverse osmosis/desalination pump
- Deck washing
- Seawater injection
- Marine scrubber systems
- General high pressure seawater transfer
- Reverse osmosis
- Industrial waste water treatment
- Pressure washing and vehicle cleaning
- Food processing sanitizing systems
- Chemical injection pumps
- Water mist cooling & humidity control
- General high pressure water transfer