The Flux Barrel Pump Kit for acids and alkalis comes as a ready-to-use acid pump kit, complete with a pump, motor, hose and quick action tap. Designed for pumping light liquids up to 600 cP from small containers, drums and IBCs, this Flux drum pump is typically used for transferring light fluids such as boric acid, hydrochloric acid, hydrofluoric acid (diluted), phosphoric acid, and liquid fertilizers.
The Flux Barrel Pump Kit for acids and alkalis is supplied in polypropylene as standard and has a steel cord inner tube to provide stability and extend the service life of the mechanical seal when pumping high-temperature fluids. This Flux pump kit is available in two versions: with a mechanical seal and a model without a seal.
The chemical drum pump version that comes with a mechanical seal can be easily disassembled for cleaning and maintenance due to its simple two-piece construction. In addition, the mechanical seal protects the pump's inner tube against the pumped fluid, preventing cross-contamination. This makes this Flux drum pump version more suitable for handling abrasive, crystallizing or high-temperature liquids. On the other hand, the absence of a mechanical seal in the sealess electric barrel pump model makes it a preferable solution for transferring solvents and other fluids that would otherwise cause wear and leaking of the seal. This means that the sealless chemical drum pump model is typically used for free-flowing, non-abrasive liquids that do not bond or crystallize.
Features of the Acids & Alkali Flux Drum Pump:
- Mechanically sealed or seal less pump options
- Supplied with; Hose connection PP, Flexible PVC hose DN 19, 2 m long, 2 hose clips, Quick action tap PP, seal FKM, Compression gland PP
- Suitable for transferring acids and alkalis
- The unique barrel pump design in PP comes complete with a steel cored inner tube to provide stability and extend the service life of the mechanical seal - even at high temperatures
- Optimum barrel emptying due to unique impellor design
- Easy to dismantle for cleaning with a minimum of effort
- FEM 4070 230 volt commutator motor with speed-range adjustment
- F 430 PP-40/33 Mechanical FKM Seal – 407 40 010 – 1000mm Immersion Length
- F 430 PP-40/33 Mechanical FKM Seal – 407 40 012 – 1200mm Immersion Length
- F 424 PP-41/36 Sealless – 407 44 010 – 1000mm Immersion Length
- F 424 PP-41/36 Sealless – 407 44 012 – 1200mm Immersion Length
The Flux Pump Kit for Acids and Alkalis available with the following material options:
Thanks to its versatile pump design, this chemical drum pump can be used for a range of applications involving pumping hazardous fluids, including chemicals, alkalis and acids from drum or IBC. This Flux pump benefits from a range of features that offers efficient operation. Here are some of the keys you can get when using the acid transferring pump kit:
- High-quality barrel pump – Flux pumps are well-known German-made barrel pumps that have been in the market for over 70 years.
- Quickly disassembled for cleaning – This electric barrel pump kit can be quickly and easily taken apart for cleaning, making it a perfect pumping solution for many industrial applications.
- Robust design – Flux Barrel Pump Kit for Acids & Alkalis has a reinforced inner tube that provides additional support and increased service life.
- Versatile pumping solution- This electric drum pump for chemicals is available with or without a mechanical seal, which makes it suitable for various applications involving transferring acids and chemicals
This Flux electric barrel pump kit is designed for transferring light liquids, including chemicals and acids. Typical applications for this acid transfer pump are as follows:
- Potassium hydroxide (30%)
- Sodium hydroxide (30%)
- Ammonia water
- Formic acid (50 %)
- Acetic acid (80 %)