Customer: Pipeline Pig Manufacturer*
1 x Horizontal End Suction Multistage Centrifugal Pump
- 80 l/sec @ 8 bar delivery pressure & fitted with a 90 kW / 4 Pole motor
- Inverter Driven Control Panel
- 6” Flow Control Valve
- 4” x 6” Pressure Relief Valve
- D200 & DN150 Isolation Valves
- DN200 & DN150 Expansion Bellows
- DN150 Swing Check Non Return Valve
- Suction & Discharge Pressure Gauges
The customer wanted an electrically driven, variable speed, multistage pump system which would enable them to test multiple sized pipeline pigs inside their new indoor testing facility. The pump was required to produce approx. 80 l/sec @ 8-10 bar delivery pressure. Previously they had been hiring diesel driven pumps each time they needed to conduct testing which needed to be used outdoors, but these pumps were always noisy and didn’t offer the accurate control of flow that they needed to conduct their testing. The pump was required to run for 3 - 10 minute cycles, 6 - 10 times a day and could only draw a maximum current of 158 A at any time due to the demand limitations on site.
We were able to select, supply, test and install all the components supplied to the customer, including the multistage centrifugal pump, control panel, affiliated isolation, control, pressure relief and non-return valves. This system fulfilled all of the customer’s requirements whilst ensuring that their maximum current draw requirement was not exceeded.
We worked in conjunction with the end user in installing and testing the system to ensure that it fully met with their requirements and also provided a multi-speed performance curve to enable the customer to accurately estimate the operating flow and pressure from the system for each of their testing requirements.
* Pipeline pigs are a flow assurance device to ensure a smooth flowing line, by removing unwanted materials or examining the pipeline from the inside.