Suppliers to the power generation market
Castle Pumps’ presence in the power generation industry started off as a pump enquiry from a large power station. After closely working alongside this power plant, Castle Pumps began supplying a large range of further equipment used in power stations. Over time, the experience gained by our team of technical sales engineers grew and led to power generation becoming a large part of our customer base.
The extensive knowledge and worldwide contacts that have been built have enabled Castle Pumps to supply power stations all over the world with equipment including replacement motors and pumps, expansion joints, boiler tubes, steam valves and gearboxes. Our multi-lingual technical sales team are experienced in the requirements of all power stations including nuclear power, fossil-fired, geothermal, combined cycle, industrial and hydroelectric plants.
Our pump and ancillary range
Castle Pumps have built relationships with a vast range of quality pump manufacturers ensuring that whatever the pumping application within whatever type of power station, we can find you the solution. Pumps and replacement pump parts commonly supplied to our power plant clients include:
- Boiler feed pumps - For feeding water/steam condensate into a power plants boiler.
- Condensate pumps – For extracting condensate produced by heating, cooling, steam in heat exchangers and furnace exhaust streams.
- Circulating pumps - For moving water around a heating or cooling system.
As well as pumps, we also supply a full range of equipment and genuine spare parts used in the power generation industry. In addition to general ancillary items such as nuts and bolts, circlips, electrical spares and adhesives, Castle Pumps are able to provide the following:
- Expansion joints – For absorbing movement caused by variations in temperature e.g. on the piping that runs to the power turbine or condenser.
- Boiler tubes – For evaporated water into steam inside the boilers of thermal power plants. Seamless carbon steel and stainless steel boiler tubes are available with options including; plain, rifled, ASME, DIN & EN Series, API Tubing & Casing, API 5L.
- Gearboxes – Replacement parts and complete Ansaldo, Elli and Motovario gearboxes are available.
- Conveyor systems
Some of our power generation projects
Please click on the below case studies to view some of the examples of the pumping solutions that we have supplied some of our power generation customers with.
Power Plant Architect
2 x vertical immersion pumps for delivering ash laden water
4 x 4m x 3m expansion joints and 2 x 6m x 3m expansion joints
Power Station Company
80 x porous ceramic plates for coal ash fluidised bed
1.8km of rifled boiler tubes in various sizes and specs
Take a look at our Power Generation Brochure by clicking here.