The Liverani EP MINOR range of close coupled stainless steel flexible impeller pumps are a popular choice due to their compact and cost-effective design. The operation of these pumps is similar to the centrifugal design, but as the impeller vanes are a flexible polymer they bend as they force the liquid through.
Flexible impeller pumps are very versatile in applications that are suitable for thanks to several design benefits. Firstly, thanks to their supple vanes Liverani EP MINOR flexible vane pumps are able to handle not only clean, light fluids, but also vicious, solid laden slurries. Secondly, the multiple materials the impellers are made out of mean they are compatible with many fluids e.g. NBR for fats and fuels, EPDM for chemicals and hot fluids and natural rubber for water based liquids. Flexible vane pumps with EPDM and NBR impellers are able to be supplied with FDA Certification, making them a popular food grade pump solution. Their low shear operation also makes them ideal for handling delicate fluids that can be altered by other pump designs.
Liverani EP MINOR flexible impeller pumps are renowned for their dry self-priming capability, making them ideal for applications where good suction lift capacity is needed such as the emptying of tanks, sumps and other containers. The flexible vane pumps are widely used in transferring, filling & emptying applications, but when used in conjunction with a carrying handle and their integral on/off reversing switch they are also a very reliable utility pump solution popular for a tank to tank transfer.
Available here is more information on the working principle and typical applications of the flexible impeller pump.
Features of the FEP Series Flexible Vane Pump:
- Close coupled flexible impeller pump
- Smooth, non pulsating flow allows the efficient handling of shear sensitive liquids.
- Solids passage capability - 10mm (MINOR)
- Self priming up to 6m without the need of a non return valve.
- Flexible vane pumps can be run in both directions via a reversing switch mounted on the pump.
- Select models are available with 2 speed operation, controllable via a rocker switch on the terminal box.
- Pump head can be rotated and mounted in several positions.
- Motor supply options 230 & 400V
- Wide range of impeller materials compatible with a multitude of fluids: Food grade NBR / Neoprene / Food grade EPDM / Natural Rubber / Silicon
- Wide range of connection types available including DIN, BSP Male & Female, Triclover, SMS, RJT, Friederich, Garolla, and Macron
- Stainless Steel AISI 304 Pipe Fittings for easy integration of the pump into existing applications are availabl
- Pump is available with the connections facing in the position required (V, 90D, 90S).
- Pump heads are SS304 as standard for MINOR, MAJOR & MAXI. SS 316 on request.
- Connections are Garolla as standard for MINOR, MAJOR & MAXI. Others on request.
- Manual by-passes (MINI, MAJOR & MAXI) for manual adjustment of the pump capacity are available.
- Automatic barrel filling kits with stainless steel nozzle, non return valve & pressure switch can be supplied for barrel or container filling applications.
- Acessories available include inverter drive for variable speed operation, dry run protection, pressure switch for automatic pumping, level sensors, remote control & radio operation.
- Stainless steel sanitary pump enclosures are available on request for food safe applications
- Spring loaded by-pass for the MINOR for manual adjustment of the flexible impeller pump capacity as well as operation with a nozzle.
NOTE: Mini & Midex units are supplied with BSP M connections as standard, MINOR, MAJOR & MAXI units are supplied with Garolla connections as standard with hose fittings, clamps and seals included.
- EP MINOR 40 – 1.5Kw, 1-3 phase 230-400v, Single speed operation. 900 rpm. Max Flow 6200 L/h, max head 24M.
- EP MINOR 40 - 1.5Kw, three phase 230-400v, Single speed operation. 1400 rpm. Max Flow 9000 L/h, max head 27M.
- EP MINOR 40 - 1.87Kw, three phase 230-400v, 2 speed operation. 1400 rpm. Max Flow 9000 L/h, max head 27M.
- EP MINOR 40 - 1.35Kw, three phase 230-400v, 2 speed operation. 900 rpm. Max Flow 6200 L/h, max head 24M.
Material options for the EP flexible impeller hygienic pump:
|Description||Stainless Steel AISI 304||Stainless Steel AISI 316||Nitrile (NBR)||Natural Rubber (NR)||Neoprene (CR)||EPDM||Silicon (VMQ)||St. St. / Graphite / NBR||Tungsten Carbide / NBR||Tungsten Carbide / Viton|
|Part List|| || || || || || || || || || |
|Impeller|| || ||X||X||X||X||X|| || || |
1.Changes in Mechanical Seal Materials are at cost. All pumps are supplied with Ceramic / Graphite / NBR as standard.
2.Changes in Impeller Materials are Free of Charge. All pumps are supplied with Natural Rubber Impellers as standard.
3. EPDM and NBR impellers are available with FDA certification
We received an enquiry from this brewery company in Scotland who required a portable hygienic pump for the transfer of beer within their factory. We decided the best option would be a food grade flexible impeller pump with tri-clamp connections in order to meet the necessary standards within the food industry. The customer was that happy with their pump that they sent us some beers to show us what the pump would be helping to produce.
The beauty of the EP flexible impeller pump is it's versatility. Thanks to the following features it is an option that can be applied to many application requirements.
- Handles solids up to 25mm – Supple impellers bend to pass viscous fluids and slurries up to 50,000 CP and solids without damage to the pump
- Applies low shear – Ideal for delicate, shear sensitive fluids that can be damaged or altered by other pump types such as cream that gets thicker when whipped.
- Reversible operation – Allows cleaning solution to be ran through after use for hygienic pump applications, and tank to tank transfer applications.
- FDA approved – EPDM and NBR impellers with FDA certification for food grade pump assurance. Stainless sanitary enclosures and Tri-clamp couplings available.
- Smooth, steady pumping – Provides a consistent flow ideal for dosing ingredients, chemicals and process fluids and filling finished product into packaging.
- Self-priming up to 6m – Enables the emptying of tanks and drums without a non-return valve or regular manual priming being required.
- Various mounting positions - Allows for versatile installation to fit the pipework at hand
- Various accessories available - Trolley for portability, bypass valve for nozzle dispensing, control panel, variable speed drive, level sensors and dry run protection
Flexible impeller pumps are a versatile design of pump for relatively low pressure applications, mainly with thanks to their impellers being produced in a wide range of materials for fluid compatibility including food grade applications. As the impellers are made of a supple, rubber type material that is able to bend, flexible vane pumps are also able to handle viscous fluids and those with solid content without causing damage. They also apply little shear to the pumped medium, making them suitable for shear sensitive fluids and their ability to be operated in reverse makes them ideal for tank to tank transfer. These design benefits make them suited to many applications including:
|Marine Applications||Industrial Applications|
- Contaminated bilge water pumping
- Oil and lubricant transfer
- Black and grey water pump
- Sludge and slurries
- Fish waste pump
- Tank to tank seawater transfer
- Food processing and transfer
- Dairy products
- Brewery and distilleries
- Chemical pumping
- Waster water pump containing solids
- Oil and lubricants
- Viscous fluids, sludges and slurries
- Soaps, creams and gels
- Paints, glues and detergents