Customer: Chemical Production Company
Application: Aluminium sulphate transfer
Customer Location: UK
2 x 1 ½" FMP Horizontal Monobloc Peristaltic Pump
- Model FMP-40
- Drive details: 0.55Kw, 3 Phase, 50Hz Electric motor, IP55
- Application: Tank to tank transfer
- Fluid: Water with Aluminium sulphate; a chemical compound with the formula Al2 (SO4)3 including 2 - 3 % solids content
- Flow: 1.495 l/h @ 29RPM
- Discharge pressure: 2 bar
- Hose: NR (Natural rubber)
- Pump body: Cast Iron + Polyester powder coating
- Connections: Stainless Steel AISI-316
Castle Pumps received an enquiry from a new UK customer looking to transfer Aluminium sulphate from tank to tank in a chemical process. The chemical pump needed to transfer the fluid at a low flow rate in a process that was vital for production of various chemicals.
We offered a peristaltic hose pump knowing this pump could be slowed down to the required flow, handle any solid particulates and also be resistant to the chemical, as only the hose comes into contact with the fluid. The hose is also the only wearing part within the tube pump and running it at such low speed would greatly extend the life of not only the hose but the motor as well. The customer purchased a long term reliable solution for the vital process within the production that was dispatched within 5 working weeks of placing an order.
You can download this case study by clicking on the image below...