The Boyser FMP-50 Series
Peristaltic Pump is the larger of our two roller operated hose pump, benefitting from wide performance capabilities. Its rugged design makes this self priming peristaltic pump extremely heavy duty and capable of efficient operation in the harshest of environments where other pumps fail due to issues such as dry running damage, clogged valves and seal failures.
One of the largest benefits of the peristaltic hose pump design is that the hose is the only wearing part, which is easy to clean and replace, making it simple and low cost to maintain relative to other pumping technologies. Thanks to its internal hose being available in a variety of materials, its ability to handle solids, fluids with little moisture and shear sensitive mediums these Boyser pumps are extremely versatile. The wide range of applications that it is suitable for include oily sludge, bilge water, oils, shear sensitive liquids, slurries with solids present, dewatering, drainage of tanks, emergency pump leakages, food stuffs, acids, lime milk and muds.
As a roller operated peristaltic hose pump rather shoe operated, the Boyser FMP generates less friction during use. This means that the user is able to benefit from improved energy consumption, a lower starting torque providing a smoother operation and making it easier to adjust speed. It also has simpler hose maintenance as it doesn’t require lubrication.
Features of the FMP peristaltic hose pump:
- Good suction lift and self priming up to 9 metres
- Can dry run without damage and handle fluids with low moisture content
- Inner hose available in a variety of materials for compatibility with almost any fluid.
- Seal-less design makes them less likely to leak – ideal for chemicals and aggressive fluids
- Can handle solids up to pretty much the size of the peristaltic pump inlet/outlet and viscosities up to 30,000cSt
- Gentle pumping motion and low rpm means that they can handle shear sensitive fluids without disrupting the fluid’s natural structure
- Reversible operation allowing tank to tank transfer and the recovering of fluid from the dispensing hose if required at the end of transfer
- Excellent accuracy +/-1% and motor speed is proportional to flow making it ideal for dosing applications
- Patented double conical hose clamp to ensure leak free connection
- Heavy duty internal ball bearing box that means the motor and gear reducer shaft do not have to support of all of the load, adding strength and increasing life span
- Wrapped inner and outer hose, reinforced with high density pressed Nylon for longer life
- Simple and lost cost to maintain thanks to the hose being the only wearing part, which is easy to clean and replace, and the absence of valves and seals that can clog and wear.
- Available with a range of accessories including pulsation dampener, leak detector and inverter
- Variety of drive options which include fixed or variable speed (with speed control)
- 230v, three phase 50hz / 60hz motors available
- ATEX approved, marine certification and food grade certification available
For more information on the workings of peristaltic pumps, please read our guide.
Inline Pulsation Dampener
Ensures a continuous, smooth flow for the accurate use of flow meters and pressure switches. By eliminating vibrations and hammering, operation is relatively quiet and working life is increased.
Hose Leakage Sensor
Should the only wearing part of the pump (the hose) fail, the sensor can shut off the pump or activate an alarm to allow the situation to be addressed quickly. This makes the pump ideal for remote installations or where hazardous fluids are handled.
Vacuum Assisted Priming
Improves the pump's self-priming capability in installations involving particularly viscous fluids or difficult suction conditions.
Halar (ECTFE) Coating
Improves the corrosion resistance of the pump in chemical or other hazardous applications.
As standard, connections are Stainless Steel, but for chemical applications they can be supplied in alternative materials.
Integrated Control Panel
Can be configured as per the user requirements with features such as on/off, speed control, reversing switch, flow and pressure display, leakage warning.
Trolley or Base Plate
For the flexibility of installation and enhanced mobility where required.
Pump speed can be slowed down to the required flow, extending the life span of the motor by not making is unnecessarily work to full capacity, and reducing wasted energy costs.
Feed Screw & Hopper
For the pumping of highly viscous fluids that don't flow with ease and are prone to breakages.
- Geared motor
- Motor variator with gear reducer
- Geared motor with intergrated inverter
The Boyser FMP Series Peristaltic Tube Pumps are available with the following material options:
This customer needed to replace their current pump as it was not completely suitable for their application - lacking control features which meant supervision was required when start/stopping the pump. We provided them with a completely bespoke peristaltic pump specifically designed for their application. It had all the desired control features, allowing supervision-free operation and improving their productivity.
Castle Pumps are always on hand to provide a solution to your pumping problems. This company contacted us because their current pumps were not performing as they should and kept getting clogged up. Space was also an issue for this customer, however, we were able to supply an ideal pump for their application which we adapted to minimise the footprint and provide an easy installation process.
On occasions, the required specifications don't make for a difficult selection. This company needed a pump suitable for chemicals, to be transferred from tank to tank with a low flow rate. Our selection was based upon the capabilities of the pump in question, and it's ability to slow down the flow rate to the desired range. This customer was happy with our suggestion and placed the order within 2 days of their initial enquiry.
One of the UK's largest home fragrance manufacturers enquired about a pump for transferring wax at 60°C, which could do a number of batches within a set time frame. Due to prior experience, we knew which pump would be the best solution for their specific requirements and were able to supply an industrial peristaltic pump, that was low maintenance and relatively low cost.
We received an enquiry from a food waste management company looking to pump a caking mix of bran and water. The viscous nature of this fluid meant that the pump technology chosen needed to be carefully selected to ensure no clogging, damage or running problems. Our experience allowed us to pick a peristaltic pump able to do just this.
The Bosyer FMT peristaltic pump are the ideal solutions for applications where typically, other pumping technologies fail. The following benefits make peristaltic pumps ideal for heavy duty site applications, various chemicals and process liquids and abrasive and viscous slurries.
- Abrasion resistant – Can handle highly viscous slurries, dry mediums and fluids containing sharp, large or stringy solids such as metal, stones and rags without damage or clogging.
- Low maintenance – The inner hose is the only wetted part to clean and replace. With no valves to clog and no seals to fail, the cost of spares and length of downtime is limited.
- Leak free - Being seal-free peristaltic hose pumps are unlikely to leak fluid making them ideal for aggressive chemicals and process liquids. Boyser models also have a patented double conical hose clamp for leak free connection.
- Self-priming & dry running – As fluid isn’t required to be constantly present; peristaltic pumps can run dry without costly damage if left operating and can self-prime up to 8m.
- Gentle pumping action – Suitable for shear sensitive products that can be damaged or altered by the operation of other pumping technologies such as clay or cement.
- Reversible operation - Perfect for tank to tank transfer and the recovery of fluid from the hoses after dispensing to prevent leakages when disconnecting the pump and moving it.
Peristaltic hose pumps are able to handle highly viscous, dry and solid laden mediums with no damage, making them a popular choice for harsh and abrasive applications. In addition, the wide variety of materials that the inner tube is available in, along with the peristaltic hose pump’s seal-less design, means that even the most of aggressive fluids and chemicals can be handled. This makes the FMP peristaltic pump ideal for applications including:
- Black and grey water containing solids
- Contaminated bilge water pumps
- Fish waste pumping
- Waste slurries
- Fume scrubber pumps
- Dredging pump
- Oily sludges
- Aggressive fluids and chemical pump
- Cement, grout, clay and mud
- Waste water transfer containing solids
- Slurries and sludge pump
- Sewage pumping
- Organic waste e.g. food, manure and vegetation
- Paint, ink, glue and dye
- Process water and fluids