The Azcue VM & VR VP/EP Self Priming Vertical Inline Pumps are an ATEX rated version of the VM & VR close coupled vertical centrifugal pumps. They come complete with a vacuum or electric priming pump and are suitable for applications difficult suction conditions. For longer distances, a vacuum priming pump is recommended due to its ability to dry run for short periods of time.
The VM & VR vertical inline centrifugal pumps are an alternative to the LN, but are more heavy duty and bigger, with higher flow and pressure capabilities. Most suited to applications involving relatively clean liquids such as water and thin fuels, they are also ideal for installations where space saving is important. Unlike the VM, the VR single stage centrifugal pump has an extra ball bearing between the pump and motor which helps share the strain of operation, resulting in it being a more robust option than the other within critical applications.
The Azcue VM/VR vertical self priming centrifugal pumps benefits from a back pull out design whereby the motor is able to be removed from the pump, without having to completely disconnect it from its installation – a time saving advantage during maintenance. Strictly speaking this pump is close coupled, but these centrifugal water pumps have a lantern bracket which creates space between the pump and motor, whilst still being compact. So if the seal ever wears, fluid won’t fall into the motor.
These Azcue ATEX vertical inline pumps have one shaft in the pump head and another in the motor, so that if an issue was to ever occur in one shaft, there is no need to replace it all – a benefit which alternative pumps on the market don’t possess, as they have a continuous shaft from head to motor. Also included are wear rings, generating a small clearance between the impeller and pump casing, resulting in less wear to parts. Wearing rings only need to be replaced periodically, stopping the more costly replacement of the impeller or casing.
Features of the VM/VR Vertical Inline Pump:
- Close coupled, single stage vertical centrifugal pump
- ATEX rated to zone 1
- Comes with either vacuum or electric self priming pump
- VR version has additional bearing between pump and motor to share strain
- Pump manufactured in Spain
- Marine type approved by all classification societies
- Compact vertical design ideal for space saving installations
- Available in cast iron, 316 stainless steel and bronze for seawater
- Lantern bracket providing some space between pump head and motor
- Back pull out design for simple maintenance
- Separate shafts in the pump and motor
- Low NPSH
- Casing wear rings to prolong casing and impeller life
- 230v, three phase 50Hz/60Hz motors available. IP55 as standard.
- Supplied flanged as standard
- VR/VM-VP - Air driven priming pump via 7 bar air ejector connection
- VR/VM-EP - Electrically driven ejector pump
- VR/VM-EF - Priming pump (either electric or air driven) complete with mechanical purger to prolong priming pump life
The Azcue SP-VM & SP-VR self priming close coupled centrifugal pumps are available with the following material options:
| ||CAST IRON|
|STAINLESS STEEL AISI 316|
X5CrNiMO 18 10
|STAINLESS STEEL AISI 420|
|SHAFT|| || || || || ||X||X|
Castle Pumps received an enquiry from a new customer who needed to upgrade their ballast water system, in order to meet the 'Ballast Water Management Convention 2017' regulation. We supplied Azcue cast bronze pumps to ensure that all wetted parts that come into contact with the seawater are non-ferrous and therefore would not corrode.
Castle Pumps have built solid relationships with many industrial pump manufacturers, which gives us confidence in our ability to meet tight project time scales. This case study illustrates this, where we were able to get two ballast pumps manufactured and marine certified in three weeks less than the industry standard lead time.
The VM & VR Vertical Inline Centrifugal Pump is manufactured by Azcue Pumps. As the official UK Agent of Azcue Pumps, Castle Pumps are a leading Bombas Azcue supplier in the UK with unrivalled technical knowledge. Azcue Pumps are a European manufacturer with over 100 years’ experience in type approved pumps for marine and offshore applications. Today their pumps are installed in more than 10,000 vessel builds. Whilst originally developed for the marine market, Azcue Pumps’ reliability in applications that depend upon the safety and operation of a ship saw them become a desirable product in industrial applications involving water, fuels and lubricants.
One of the key benefits of the VM & VR vertical inline pump like the other models in the Azcue range, is that is benefits from interchangeable parts for reduced on board stockholding. We guarantee supply of spares for 15 years from model discontinuation for long term pump servicing., saving the user from having to prematurely replace a pump that just needs maintenance.
Azcue VM & VR vertical self priming centrifugal pumps are cast, machined and assembled at their foundry in Spain. Each pump is manufactured to order and designed to fit your process, resulting in greater efficiency and lower overall lifetime cost in terms of wear and energy consumption. Before leaving the factory, pumps are individually tested to confirm performance meets the requirements set out in your enquiry.
Single stage centrifugal pumps are the most common pump type for the transfer of low viscosity fluids in high flow rate and relatively low-pressure installations. The centrifugal pump design is often associated with the transfer of water, but is also a popular solution for handling thin fuels and chemicals. This combined with its motor being located above the pump head, makes the Azcue VR & VM vertical inline pump suited to applications where installation space may be limited including:
|Marine Applications:||Industrial Applications:|
- Sea water cooling pump
- General sea water service
- Grey water with low solid content
- Aquaculture recirculation systems
- Marine ballast pump
- Low viscosity fuel and lubrication transfer
- Boiler feed pump
- Closed loop HVAC circulating and cooling pumps
- General water transfer, supply and service
- Waste water with low solid content
- Water pressure booster pump
- Swimming pool recirculation systems
- Low viscosity fuel and lubrication transfer
- Boiler feed pump