These CAT pumps are industrial duty, high pressure triplex piston pumps, designed for operation in difficult, high pressure applications. Often outside the capability of most rotary pumps, the Cat piston pump range is able to perform up to 228lpm and 103bar.
With the synchronised pistons that are incorporated into the pump, the piston pump creates a stable, low pulsation flow as the fluid moves continually in one, smooth forward direction. It is determined by the running speed of the CAT pump and is generally unaltered by such issues of specific gravity, back pressure or viscosity of the fluid. This steady flow enables the piston pump to operate necessarily smoothly for most applications.
By taking in a fixed volume of liquid, the high pressure piston pump ensures that a constant volumetric flow is always delivered. This is attributed to the inlet stroke on the piston moving the set amount of liquid around and out of the pump.
The primary uses of CAT triplex piston pumps include water mist cooling, chemical injection, pressure cleaning, reverse osmosis and food processing. To determine the CAT pump model which is most suited to your requirements you need to take in to account several factors including the liquid to be pumped, duty cycle, operating temperatures, drive, location and whether the area is classified as safe of hazardous.
Models in the CAT pump are available in brass and 316 stainless steel depending upon customer requirements
- Brass and 316 stainless steel model available with a performance range from 11.4lpm to 228lpm and pressures from 69bar to 103 bar
- Dependable output- discharge pressure, specific gravity and liquid viscosity have no effect upon the flow rate.
- Speed relative to flow rate – performance can be simple to control and predict as the pump output is directly linear to the operating speed
- Resilient drive ends - produced to the highest quality with close consistent tolerance, the crankshafts, crossheads and connecting rods are optimised to minimise wear.
- None abrasive surfaces - the piston pump does not rely on the fluid’s lubricating properties as there is no relative movement between contact surfaces within the pump head.
- Solid ceramic plungers - to make sure that the seals are aligned correctly when seals are replaced, smooth solid plungers made from alumina ceramics are located concentrically
- No inner liquid mixing- internal mixing of lubricant and process liquid is eradicated due to the substantial gap between the pump head and the oil bath. Any spillages of the liquid are clear as there is a drainage area which is open beneath the pump.
- Highly efficient - minimal internal slippage and low friction ensure that the energy efficiency levels are between 85% & 95% and consequently running costs are lower.
- Continuous duty – these triplex piston pumps are designed to work continuously at the rated duty
Castle Pumps customise and engineer pumping solutions when required, to ensure that they match the customer's bespoke requirements exactly. In this case study, we put together a ready to use skid mounted pump system complete with pump, motor, belt drive, guard and steel base to meet their requirement for a high pressure, low flow solution.