The Liverani FEP range of close coupled stainless steel flexible impeller pumps is the most popular within the Liverani range due to its compact and versatile design. The operation of these pumps is similar to the centrifugal design, but as the impeller vanes are a flexible polymer they bend as they force the liquid through. This allows delicate fluids to be handled.
Flexible vane pumps are within the positive displacement pump family and are also known as flexible impeller pumps. These pumps are renowned for their dry self-priming capability, making them ideal for applications where good suction lift capacity is needed. These flexible vane pumps are often used for viscous fluids, slurries and liquids containing solids and gas in low pressure applications. Their sanitary construction means that they are also popular as a hygienic pump.
The FEP flexible vane pumps are widely used in transferring, filling & emptying applications, but when used in conjunction with a carrying handle and their integral on / off / reversing switch they are also a very reliable utility pump solution.
Available here is more information on the working principle and typical applications of the flexible impeller pump.
- Close coupled flexible impeller pump
- Smooth, non pulsating flow allows the efficient handling of shear sensitive liquids.
- Solids passage capability - 3mm (MINI), 5mm (MIDEX), 10mm (MINOR), 15mm (MAJOR), 25mm (MAXI)
- Self priming up to 6m without the need of a non return valve.
- Flexible vane pumps can be run in both directions via a reversing switch mounted on the pump.
- Select models are available with 2 speed operation, controllable via a rocker switch on the terminal box.
- Pump head can be rotated and mounted in several positions.
- Motor supply options 12, 24, 230 & 400V
- Wide range of impeller materials compatible with a multitude of fluids: NBR / Neoprene / EPDM / Natural Rubber / Silicon
- Wide range of connection types available including DIN, BSP Male & Female, Triclover, SMS, RJT, Friederich, Garolla, and Macron
- Stainless Steel AISI 304 Pipe Fittings for easy integration of the pump into existing applications are available on request to match any of the above connection types.
- Pump is available with the connections facing in the position required (V, 90D, 90S). Must be mentioned at order stage.
- Pump heads are SS304 as standard for MINOR, MAJOR & MAXI (SS316 for MINI & MIDEX). SS 316 available on request.
- Connections are Garolla as standard for MINOR, MAJOR & MAXI (BSP M for MINI & MIDEX). Others available on request.
- Manual by-passes (MINI, MAJOR & MAXI) for manual adjustment of the pump capacity are available. In order to retain the self-priming capability of the pump the by-pass must be completely closed on initial start-up.
- Spring loaded by-pass for the MINOR for manual adjustment of the flexible impeller pump capacity as well as operation with a nozzle.
- Automatic barrel filling kits with stainless steel nozzle, non return valve & pressure switch can be supplied for barrel or container filling applications.
- The accessories available include inverter drive for variable speed operation, dry run protection, pressure switch for automatic pumping, level sensors, remote control & radio operation.
NOTE: Mini & Midex units are supplied with BSP M connections as standard, MINOR, MAJOR & MAXI units are supplied with Garolla connections as standard with hose fittings, clamps and seals included.