The Boyser FMP-40 Series Peristaltic Pump is the larger of our two roller operated hose pump, benefitting from wide performance capabilities. Its rugged design makes this self priming peristaltic pump extremely heavy duty and capable of efficient operation in the harshest of environments where other pumps fail due to issues such as dry running damage, clogged valves and seal failures.
As a roller operated peristaltic hose pump rather shoe operated, the Boyser FMP generates less friction during use. This means that the user is able to benefit from improved energy consumption, a lower starting torque providing a smoother operation and making it easier to adjust speed. It also has simpler hose maintenance as it doesn’t require lubrication.
Thanks to its internal hose being available in a wide selection of materials, its ability to handle solids, fluids with little moisture and shear sensitive mediums, these Boyser pumps are extremely versatile. The wide range of applications that it is suitable for include oily sludge, bilge water, oils, shear sensitive liquids, slurries with solids present, dewatering, drainage of tanks, emergency pump leakages, food stuffs, acids, lime milk and muds.
Features of the FMP peristaltic hose pump:
- Good suction lift and self priming up to 9 metres
- Can dry run without damage and handle fluids with low moisture content
- Inner hose available in a variety of materials for compatibility with almost any fluid.
- Seal-less design makes them less likely to leak – ideal for chemicals and aggressive fluids
- Can handle solids up to pretty much the size of the peristaltic pump inlet/outlet and viscosities up to 30,000cSt
- Gentle pumping motion and low rpm means that they can handle shear sensitive fluids without disrupting the fluid’s natural structure
- Reversible operation allowing tank to tank transfer and the recovering of fluid from the dispensing hose if required at the end of transfer
- Excellent accuracy +/-1% and motor speed is proportional to flow making it ideal for dosing applications
- Patented double conical hose clamp to ensure leak free connection
- Heavy duty internal ball bearing box that means the motor and gear reducer shaft do not have to support of all of the load, adding strength and increasing life span
- Wrapped inner and outer hose, reinforced with high density pressed Nylon for longer life
- Simple and lost cost to maintain thanks to the hose being the only wearing part, which is easy to clean and replace, and the absence of valves and seals that can clog and wear.
- Available with a range of accessories including pulsation dampener, leak detector and inverter
- Variety of drive options which include fixed or variable speed (with speed control)
- 230v, three phase 50hz / 60hz motors available
- ATEX approved, marine certification and food grade certification available
For more information on the workings of peristaltic pumps, please read our guide.
- Geared motor
- Motor variator with gear reducer
- Geared motor with intergrated inverter
The Boyser FMP Series Peristaltic Tube Pumps are available with the following material options:
This customer needed to replace their current pump as it was not completely suitable for their application - lacking control features which meant supervision was required when start/stopping the pump. We provided them with a completely bespoke peristaltic pump specifically designed for their application. It had all the desired control features, allowing supervision-free operation and improving their productivity.
Castle Pumps are always on hand to provide a solution to your pumping problems. This company contacted us because their current pumps were not performing as they should and kept getting clogged up. Space was also an issue for this customer, however, we were able to supply an ideal pump for their application which we adapted to minimise the footprint and provide an easy installation process.
On occasions, the required specifications don't make for a difficult selection. This company needed a pump suitable for chemicals, to be transferred from tank to tank with a low flow rate. Our selection was based upon the capabilities of the pump in question, and it's ability to slow down the flow rate to the desired range. This customer was happy with our suggestion and placed the order within 2 days of their initial enquiry.
One of the UK's largest home fragrance manufacturers enquired about a pump for transferring wax at 60°C, which could do a number of batches within a set time frame. Due to prior experience, we knew which pump would be the best solution for their specific requirements and were able to supply an industrial peristaltic pump, that was low maintenance and relatively low cost.
|Marine Applications||Industrial Applications|
- Black and grey water containing solids
- Contaminated bilge water pumps
- Fish waste pumping
- Waste slurries
- Fume scrubber pumps
- Dredging pump
- Aggressive fluids and chemical pump
- Waste water transfer containing solids
- Slurries and sludge pump
- Sewage pumping
- Organic waste e.g. food, manure and vegetation
- Food transfer pump